Bolt is the new name for the well-known Taxify in Nigeria which is the Uber-like business platform for ride-sharing in the sharing economy that is prominent and changing the road haulage business. Certain requirements are needed to be considered for you to become a driver on the platform. These Four (4 ) steps need to be followed:
Step 1: Register your profile
- Visit the website by clicking the driver sign up page to register and a page like this will come up, Put your email (if you do not have an email please go and register), put your phone number and the city you are located.
- You also have the oppotunity to register fleet of cars this same page will come up with the space to put the number of cars you want to register. Click here for that purpose register as a fleet owner
- After this, you will need to fill the remain four (4) stages of form
Step 2: Training
- Once you have completed your registration and your documents have been verified, you will receive an invitation to attend an onboarding session which will be organised by the Bolt Team.
Step 3: Vehicle accredited
- Check for the AutoGenius Facility location click here: Bolt autoGenius around you and it is better you chose the AutoGenius facility that is closer to you.
- Before you go please buy the Drivers Shield Cover
Drivers Shield is a unique insurance initiative by Bolt Nigeria in partnership with AIICO Insurance PLC facilitated by AutoGenius to provide an insurance cover to all Bolt users.
There are two ways to purchase the Drivers Shield – in person or online:
To purchase your Drivers Shield in person:
1. Contact an AutoGenius Representative by either:Call +2348099988005, Send a WhatsApp to +2349070008899 or, Send an email to email@example.com
2. Fill in the required paperwork
3. Pay the premium
4. Get your Bolt Cover Insurance Certificate
To purchase your Drivers Shield online:
1. Visit the AutoGenius website
2. Sign in with an existing account or register as a new user
3. Click on Plans and select Drivers Shield to get started
4. Enter all the required details
5. Select the preferred payment plan and click on Next
6. Proceed to the make your payment
7. Complete the order
Once you finalise your order, your Drivers Shield Insurance Certificate will be sent to your registered email address.
Note: Your policy must be renewed and paid for in full every half-year i.e. six months.
- Go for your vehicle inspection and this is the hint about what the inspector will be checking
1. Drivers Shield Cover and valid driver’s license
2. Brakes and Suspension: Condition of shocks, park light engagement, grinding noise and vehicle alignment
3. Functionality: Brake lights, turn indicators, dashboard electrical components and headlights
4. Electrical components functionalities: Air conditioner, floor & foot mat condition, car horn, mirrors & adjustment, windscreen wipers (noise free), vehicle stereo and odour free
5. Fluid level check: Brake fluid, engine coolant, windshield washer fluid, automatic transmission fluid, cabin air filter and power steering fluid
6. Safety check: Fire extinguisher, hazard warning triangle, jack & accessories and spare tyre
7. Cosmetic check: which include the Interior ( Vehicle and trunk cleanliness, comfort, safety features) and the Exterior (Body free of scratches & dents, no windshield or window cracks, no external mirror cracks, no body panel colours and trunk opens & closes freely).
8. Tyre check: Tyre pressure and tyre thread pattern match
9. Other defect
Vehicle inspections cost ₦2000 per vehicle and are carried out Mondays to Saturdays between 09:00 to 17:00.
Ensure your vehicle is in a good condition before visiting the inspection centre. If your vehicle falls below standard during any of the checks, it will not be accepted on the Bolt platform again.
please contact AutoGenius on 08099988005 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The inspection report is valid for 6 months.
Step 4: Get activated
After the three (3) steps above has been fulfil and you already get the AutoGenius Inspection Report you can then do this last steps
- Go to the onboarding session
- Abuja: No 10, Volta Street (Off Thames Street), Maitama, Abuja Monday – Friday 09:00 and 15:00.
- Lagos: 63 Razak Balogun Street, Surulere, Lagos State Lagos Monday – Friday 09:00 and 16:00.
- Other onboarding sessions time Monday – Friday at 10:00 and 13:00 at the location below
- Benin City: Ehanire House, 34 Akpakpava Road Benin City, Benin
- Calabar: The LiftHub Complex, 6A Housing Estate Road, Calabar
- Ibadan: 2nd Floor, No 34 Samonda Road, Ibadan
- Owerri: No. B49/B66 L’Arcade Mall, 14C Okohia Layout, World Bank Area L, New Owerri, Imo State
- Uyo: 235, Oron Road (Before Shelter Afrique), Uyo
- Bring the following required documents with you:
- Valid Nigerian Drivers License
- Valid AutoGenius Inspection Report
- Vehicle Licence
You can contact their office during office hours on 08021818881.
We do not know if this Techy conversation helps you in any way but if it does we will like to hear from you by commenting below and if you have any observation kindly comment and we will appreciate it.